The Nations Have Arrived in the Upstate
God has brought the nations to our doorsteps. The Bible is filled with the instruction that the Church is to love those who have crossed over into our land. World Relief believes it is essential to partner with the local Church as a foundation for seeing the most vulnerable transformed economically, socially, and spiritually. World Relief Upstate pursues true partnership out of the genuine conviction that our vision cannot be achieved without the gifts, people, skills, and varied resources of the whole Church.
God has blessed the Upstate
World Relief and refugees in both Spartanburg and Greenville are continually blessed by the network of Gospel-centered churches in the area that God has empowered to selflessly leverage their lives for refugees. Reaching the nations no longer exclusively means traveling across the world and engaging in international missions. Serving the nations is now part of both global and local, or “glocal,” missions.
Pursuing a partnership with World Relief Upstate SC
We believe that true partnership with a local Church comes both from members of the local Church’s congregation and its leaders using time, talent, and treasure to support newcomers in the Spartanburg and Greenville areas. Additionally, the partnership is mutually beneficial. World Relief Upstate wants to be in a relationship with the local Church, supporting it in prayer, time, and resources.
There are several ways churches can make an impact on the lives of refugees right here in the Upstate.
- Schedule a speaker to share about World Relief and refugee resettlement.
- Promote and encourage individual volunteer opportunities to your congregation.
- Host an ESL (English as a Second Language) site.
- Become a Good Neighbor Team that commits to 6-12 months of developing friendships and community for refugee families.
- Collect Welcome Kits for newly arriving refugees.
- Make a financial contribution to support local resettlement activities.
To get your church engaged in “glocal” missions and to make a difference in the lives of refugees, connect with us by sending an email to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you and get your church connected!